Jason Savage CV
Jason Savage lives and works in Raleigh, North Carolina. He resides with his Chaussie cat, Zeus. Savage has worked in the construction, graphic design, and product development fields for more than thirty years. During this time he developed The Manx Puzzle, Crossword Gold, a new cat care product, the HandleDry™, Tigra’s Floppy Flyer™, the Immortal Memories™ Diamond Memory™ tribute, and a sugarplum venture – Benjamin Katz™ Gourmet Sugarplums.
Mr. Savage acquired experience in international business as a partner in an export company specializing in resale of musical instruments. He is a master carpenter who has renovated numerous historic homes in Charleston, South Carolina. An avid runner and road racer, Mr. Savage has competed for more than thirty years winning hundreds of awards. He has raced all distances from the mile to marathons, and was a participant in the running of the 100th Boston Marathon. He was ranked in the top ten for several years in the South Carolina Masters Division. In June 2007 he competed in the Senior Olympics in Louisville, KY. He trained under Dr. Michael Bleyman, zoologist and world renowned tiger expert, learning the interaction and care of endangered felids. Through his tiger foundation, Savage has provided rescue and habitats for tigers. Additionally, Mr. Savage is spearheading an international memorial to honor the military men and women who made, and will make, the ultimate sacrifice in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.
Jason Savage (Glenn F. Dennis)
Place of Birth: Elizabeth City, North Carolina USA
- High School Diploma: James Island High School, Charleston, SC 1967
- Leonard’s School of Music: Charleston, SC 1959-1967
- B E: University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 1972, Education – Specialty: Counseling/Rehabilitation Department
- Executive Director – The Zoe Foundation, Inc.: 1987 to present (Tiger Preservation)
- Owner – TigersTime Studios: 2003 to present (Art & Graphics)
- President – Freedom Memorials, Inc.: 2006 to present
- Managing Partner – D L Enterprises-Export, Dallas, TX: 1989-1991
- Owner – G D Construction, Charleston, SC: 1982-1996
- Assistant – Racquet Club (Tennis): 1981-1982
- Managing Partner – Docks Construction Co., Charleston, SC: 1979-1981
- Paid Apprentice – marine construction company, Folly Beach, SC: 1978-1979
- Carpenter – Freelance: 1976-1978
- Teacher – Leonard’s School of Music, Charleston, SC: 1972-1976
- Volunteer and Supporter: Carnivore Preservation Trust, 1995-04/01/1998
- Web Master: 1994 – present
- Research Associate: Music Education Project, Dallas, TX 1987
- Professional Musician: 1965-1972
- Graphic Designer: 1989-present
- Fashion Photographer: Charleston, SC 1988-1989
- Product Design, Prototyping, Testing, Marketing: 1978-present.
- Master Carpenter: Renovation of Historic Homes, Charleston, SC
- Business Consultant: 1989-present
- NASDS Certified Diver: 1970-present
- Karate practitioner and teacher. U of A Karate Club, others. 8 years
- Guitar Chord Method Book: 1974
- Personal Cat Fencing Manual: 1997
- Extensive business plan research and preparation.
- Instruction manuals for new products.
- Collateral business materials.
- Articles detailing the plight of the tiger and a viable solution to extinction.
- Running Journal: 2006 – Article on caffeine and the heart.
- The Arena by Theodore Roosevelt
- Who’s Who in South Carolina – 1975
- Who’s Who in American Inventing – 1996
- USA Track & Field Directory – 1997
- International Who’s Who of Entrepreneurs – 2002
- Raleigh Running Outfitters Racing Team – 2006
- NC State Senior Games – 2006 – 5K – overall winner
- National Senior Games, The Senior Olympics – Louisville, KY – July 2007 – 5th place AG/5K
- The World Trade Center-1995
- University of Arizona Alumni Association
- Chi Phi Fraternity
- Charleston Running Club
- Cat Lovers of America
- National Association of Scuba Diving Schools
- Fuquay-Varina Arts Council
- Fuquay-Varina Running Club
- Developer – Benjamin Katz™ Gourmet Sugarplums.
- Co-developer of the Diamond Tribute™.
- Designer of the EZ Slide (tiger slide door) and EZ Water (water bowl system).
- Holder of US patent on a cat care product.
- Designer of the HandleDry™ – Electric toothbrush accessory. 2014
- Designer of the Floppy Flyer™ – Silicone flying ring. 2014